Kids' Adventure Club Before and After School Program
Kids’ Adventure Club (KAC) provides before and after school childcare throughout the school year and during non-school days in the Corning-Painted Post School District’s six elementary school buildings. The KAC program offers a broad range of age-appropriate activities for youth in Kindergarten through age 12 years. Youth are offered experiences that create opportunities to explore and investigate ideas, nurture positive interactions, and develop connections to the community.
The KAC program is made possible through the collaboration of the Corning-Painted Post School District and Corning Incorporated.
The KAC program is continuing to offer school year and summer programming. However, due to COVID-19, location(s) and hours of operation could be altered. KAC meets all guidelines required by the Office of Children and Family Services and the New York State Department of Health.
Based on enrollment and childcare needs some program locations are combined. Bussing is provided to or from your child’s homeschool when necessary. Due to ongoing construction projects throughout the district, some students might be transported to another site location.
- Frederick Carder Elementary
- Erwin Valley Elementary
- Hugh Gregg Elementary
- William E. Severn Elementary
- Calvin U. Smith Elementary
- Winfield Street Elementary
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday when school is in session from 6:30 am until school begins and from school dismissal until 6:00 pm. Summer program operates from 7:00 am–5:30 pm based on the school calendar. Emergency closures operate 8:00 am–5:00 pm at Erwin Valley Elementary. The operation of the KAC Before and After School program is subject to schools remaining open to in-person instruction.
- New enrollment begins May 1 for the upcoming summer and following school year
- Tuition is based on a sliding fee scale according to family size, income and number of days enrolled
- Financial assistance through Child Care Aware is accepted
- All staff undergo background checks, are fingerprinted, and receive First Aid and CPR training
- Each site is certified for medication administration; consent forms must be submitted
- Nutritious afternoon snack is offered based on NYS Child & Adult Care Food Program guidelines. Breakfast is offered on full-day programs
To learn more about the Kids’ Adventure Club programs, please contact:
Program Director, Kids’ Adventure Club
33 Denison Parkway West, Corning, New York 14830
T: (607) 937-3249