Children and Family Treatment and Support Services
Over the past several years, New York State has been preparing to expand and transform children’s behavioral health services. These new mental health and substance use services, available with NYS Children’s Medicaid, give children/youth (under age 21) and their families the power to improve their health, well-being, and quality of life. These new services strengthen families and help them make informed decisions about their care. Pathways, Inc. is excited to be a provider of these new services called Children and Family Treatment and Support Services.
- Identifying mental health and/or substance use needs early
- Preventing the need for emergency room visits, hospital stays, or out of home placements
- Most services can be provided without an initial mental health diagnosis
- Services are provided in the home and community
- Families can self-refer
- In-Home Counseling: This service allows licensed Clinical Therapists to provide individual, family, and group counseling in the youth and family’s home to best meet the needs of the family. Clinical Therapists can provide mental health and substance use assessments and how these difficulties impact their daily functioning. A treatment plan is developed to improve the youth’s behavioral, emotional, and social functioning.
- Intensive Support and Treatment (Community Psychiatric Supports and Treatment): Senior Youth Service Providers deliver psychoeducation, supportive counseling, and intensive support services to assist youth in developing coping skills, regulating emotions, and intensive rehabilitative skills.
- Skill Building (Psychosocial Rehabilitation): Youth Service Providers work with youth in the community to improve social skills, daily living skills, and rehabilitative functioning skills.
Population and Geographic Areas Served
Children and Youth (under age 21) who are covered by Medicaid and have mental health and/or substance use needs can get Children and Family Treatment and Support Services at no additional cost. These services are covered by regular Medicaid or, if enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care plan, these services are available through the health plan. Services will begin on January 1, 2019, across the Southern Tier, Finger Lakes Region, and Greater Rochester area.
Access to Services
You can contact us at any time to find out if your child/youth is eligible to enroll and to complete a self-referral. You can also be referred by community providers, such as physicians, counselors, and school teachers/counselors.
To learn more about eligibility and the support services available through the Children and Family Treatment and Support Services, contact:
Manager of Youth Services
33 Denison Parkway West, Corning, New York 14830
T: (607) 937-4551 F: (607) 937-3206