Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Service Coordination
Pathways, Inc. Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) Service Coordinators have been supporting Nursing Home-eligible individuals as one Service Coordination agency under the Department of Health’s Nursing Home Transition and Diversion program since 2008. The NHTD Service Coordinators work in partnership with the individual to ensure that they receive the most appropriate supports based on their need to help them remain integrated in their home and community.
- Focuses on keeping you in your home in the community
- Assists in moving you from the nursing home environment to your home in the community
- Meets with you in your home
- Provides education on available services and resources for various physical/medical diagnoses
- Promotes choice
- Secures needed assessments to maintain eligibility for services
- Assists in obtaining and maintaining benefits and entitlements (Medicaid, Medicare, Food Stamps)
- Links to doctors, specialists, day services, transportation, and in-home personal care supports
Population and Geographic Area Served
The Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) Service Coordination program supports individuals in Broome, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, and Tompkins counties under the guidance of the Department of Health’s NHTD Waiver. Individuals must be at least 18 years old, Medicaid-eligible, and have a documented physical or medical diagnosis.
Access to Services
You can contact us at any time to learn more about the NHTD Waiver and to determine if we are the Service Coordination Agency you would like to work with. If deemed eligible for the program, we will connect you with the regional office for intake to the NHTD Waiver.
Pathways Inc. NHTD Service Coordination can help you or a loved one secure the supports and services necessary to foster continued life in the community. For more information, contact:
Director, Service Coordination Supervisor
33 Denison Parkway West, Corning, New York 14830
T: (607) 442-4392 F: (607) 937-3207