Kids' Adventure Club at the Village Square
The KAC program offers a new program for school-age youth in Kindergarten through age 12 years. This program offers a full-day childcare option during your child's remote learning days. Youth will follow the school schedule provided by their parent for the hours of 8:30 am–3:00 pm, with an opportunity for crafts and activities at the end of the day. Supervision and support for remote learning will be provided, but support does not include academic instruction. Children outside of the Corning-Painted Post School District are eligible for this program.
The KAC program is made possible through the collaboration of the Corning-Painted Post School District and Corning Incorporated.
- 104 Village Square, Painted Post (formerly Pierri's Central Restaurant)
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, with two staggered drop off and pick up times, parents choose one (7:30 am–4:30 pm or 8:00 am–5:00 pm). KAC follows the Corning-Painted Post School District Schedule for holidays and emergency closures. The operation of the KAC at the Village Square program will continue to be offered should schools close to in-person instruction.
- Continuously accepting applications, based on availability.
- Affordable daily rate ($35 per remote learning days - Monday through Friday), no full week commitment necessary.
- Children outside of the Corning-Painted Post School District are eligible for this program.
- Each child will have their own individual desk to work at for the day (spaced 6ft apart).
- Children must bring school-issued computer, learning materials, earbuds/headphones, and chargers.
- Group sizes are limited to 15 children, with no intermingling among groups.
- Some guidance will be provided, but not academic instruction.
- Free Wi-Fi available for children working on remote learning assignments.
- Enrollment applications are accepted continuously, while spaces are available.
- A nutritious morning and afternoon snack is offered based on NYS Child & Adult Care Food Program guidelines. Children will need to bring their own peanut-free lunch and a water bottle is recommended.
- Health screenings will be done for kids and staff every day upon arrival.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing regimen, and proper hand hygiene for kids and staff.
- All staff undergo background checks, are fingerprinted, and receive First Aid and CPR training.
- This site is certified for medication administration; consent forms must be submitted.
To enroll your child or to learn more about the Kids’ Adventure Club programs, please contact: