LocationFamily Interactions (Bath, NY)
Number of Hours
Nature of Work:
The program staff, working collaboratively with the Department of Social Services, provides supervised visits with families as well as non-custodial parents in a home-like setting according to a mutually established schedule. Program staff composes follow-up reports after each visit and submits these to the Department on a timely basis. Program staff reviews referral information, arranges an initial meeting with D.S.S. caseworkers and parent/guardian to establish goals and complete a visitation contract. On occasion program staff may be required to appear in court, conduct visits at a foster care home or provide transportation for families.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field.
- Coursework in child development, psychology, and sociology, written and verbal expression is beneficial.
- Experiences in working with families and children of all ages are essential. In addition, training in basic observation techniques would also be advantageous.
- Must have a current, valid driver license.
- Background Check: Must meet the requirements of the School Age Care, Day Care, and/or Mental Health Regulations regarding a State Central Register Clearance regarding history of abuse/maltreatment of children.