Monday – Friday 7:30am-3:30pm follows school schedule
LocationPreschool (Hornell, NY)
Number of Hours
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for the delivery of speech and language services to children in Pathway’s Preschool Program. Services should be in keeping with the goals of the Program, as well as the agency’s Vision, Mission, and Philosophy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate normal speech and language development, common speech and language disorders, and a familiarity of administering and scoring standardized tests. Knowledge of, and the ability to demonstrate, an understanding of early childhood development. Knowledge of, and the ability to demonstrate, an understanding of the program’s philosophy. Knowledge of Special Education Regulations. Ability to accept and demonstrate information/directions from the Program Director. Abides by the New York State and ASHA Code of Ethics.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Pathology, with a Master’s Degree preferred. Successful completion of CFY preferred. New York State Provisional Certification as a Teacher of Speech and Hearing Handicapped required, with Permanent Certification Preferred. Current New York State License in Speech Pathology preferred. Certificate of Clinical Competency preferred.
- Experience in providing speech and language services to special needs preschoolers preferred.
- Must meet the requirements of the School Age Care, Day Care, and/or Mental Health Regulations regarding a State Central Register Clearance regarding history of abuse/maltreatment of children and Criminal History Review for criminal convictions.