LocationTherapeutic Foster Care (Rochester, NY)
Number of Hours
Nature of Work:
• Respite Worker: Provide a variety of activities for family that serve as a needed break which eases the stress at home and which improves family harmony. These activities may include: supervising a home visit, getting a child to school or program, aid after school, at night, weekends and aid in the home. Respite care may be provided in the child’s Resource home or biological family home and within the community where the child’s and family needs are best met.
• Skill Builder: Provide a variety of activities that are designed to assist the child/youth in acquiring, developing and accessing functional skills and supports (both social and environmental) needed to function more successfully in community environments. Provide supervision and assistance in monthly Cluster trainings.
• Must be at least 18 years of age, and possess a high school diploma or GED. Must have experience working with children and youth. (Preference given to experience working with children with special needs.)
• A valid driver’s license passing insurability guidelines.
• Must meet the requirements of the School Age Care, Day Care, and/or Mental Health Regulations regarding a State Central Register Clearance regarding a history of abuse/maltreatment of children.