LocationForest Drive ICF (Painted Post, NY)
Number of Hours
Nature of Work:
• The Residence Counselor is responsible for the actual implementation of each individual's Individualized Program Plan as determined by the individual and his/her Service Planning Team. This includes, but is not limited to; ongoing teaching/assisting with community integration, social and recreational activities, money management, transportation, behavioral needs and overall health and well being of the individual. The Residence Counselor meets regularly with the Shift Supervisor, QIDP, Residence Manager and confers with other members of the individual's Service Planning Team to ensure services are appropriate and meet with expressed (or implied) needs, likes, and choices of the individual. Will respect each individual’s home, belongings, and Agency property.
• High School diploma or GED is preferred. Verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
• One year of experience working with adults with developmental disabilities.
• A valid driver’s license with driving record that meets insurability guidelines to operate Agency-owned vehicles.
• Must meet the requirements related to Criminal History Record checks that became effective April 1, 2005, which requires prospective employees to be fingerprinted if they have regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with people receiving services in our programs regulated by OPWDD.