The preschool program promotes skill development to assist children in achieving educational success. This is accomplished by creating a supportive atmosphere that offers curriculum-based learning used to improve learning, fine motor, gross motor, language, and social skills.
Our preschool program is licensed through the New York State Department of Education and the Office of Children and Family Services.
COVID-19 Preschool Re-Opening Plan
- Individualized attention and services based on the child’s Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Transportation is provided free of charge through the county
- Breakfast and lunch for no cost or reduced rates depending on eligibility
- Specialty areas focusing on Special Education, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Family Support
- One to one aide per IEP
- Augmentative Communication
- Summer Programming offered over 6 weeks for 3 hours per day
Population and Geographic Areas Served
The Preschool Program supports children of preschool-age in Chemung, Steuben, and Allegany counties that have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and are recommended for a center-based special education program by their school district’s Committee on Preschool Special Education. School locations are in Avoca, Hornell, and Horseheads.
There are two program types offered through the Preschool Programs, Special Education Itinerant Teacher (SEIT) and Special Class Full Day Program (information about adjusted program formats offered due to COVID-19 is available in the Pathways, Inc. Preschool Re-Opening Plan found above).
Pathways Inc. Preschool Programs can help your little loved one secure the supports and services necessary to achieve educational success. For more information, contact:
Director of Preschool Services
33 Denison Parkway West, Corning, New York 14830
T: (607) 937-3288