Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Service Coordination
According to Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics, there were 1.3 million individuals living in nursing facilities in 2015. This number does not account for the number of individuals living in the community that may be eligible for nursing home care. Pathways, Inc. Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) Service Coordinators have been supporting Nursing Home-eligible individuals as one Service Coordination agency under the Department of Health’s Nursing Home Transition and Diversion program since 2008. The NHTD Service Coordinators work in partnership with the individual to ensure that they receive the most appropriate supports based on their need and in the most integrated environment.
- Focuses on keeping you in your home in the community
- Assists in moving you from the nursing home environment to your home in the community
- Meets with you in your home
- Provides education on available services
- Promotes choice
- Secures needed assessments to maintain eligibility for services
- Assists in obtaining and maintaining benefits and entitlements (Medicaid, Medicare, Food Stamps)
- Links to doctors, specialists, day services, transportation, and in-home personal care supports
Population and Geographic Area Served
The Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) Service Coordination program supports individuals in Broome, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, and Tompkins counties under the guidance of the Department of Health’s NHTD Waiver. Individuals must be at least 18 years old, Medicaid-eligible, and have a documented physical or medical diagnosis.
NHTD Service Coordinators
The NHTD Service Coordinators are knowledgeable of the service delivery system and resources available for various physical/medical diagnosis, as well as eldercare.
Pathways Inc. NHTD Service Coordination can help you or a loved one secure the supports and services necessary to foster continued life in the community. For more information, contact:
Director, Care Coordination & Contract Management
33 Denison Parkway West, Corning, New York 14830
T: (607) 937-4520 F: (607) 937-3206